CEO & Founder
Office: (416) 203-7331 x228
- John Richardson, CPA, CA, MBA, CBV is the Chief Executive Officer of B.E.S.T. Funds.
- Since founding B.E.S.T. Funds in 1995, Mr. Richardson has been the individual ultimately responsible for all aspects of B.E.S.T. Funds and has been directly involved with all 350+ transactions, helping to raise >$800M, and ensuring that the firm operates efficiently and in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Mr. Richardson has extensive experience in private company M&A, contract and transaction negotiations, business restructurings, valuations, strategic advisory, value optimization, fund operationalization, and has deep knowledge of investment structures.
- Mr. Richardson assists the entrepreneurs of all portfolio companies to realize on goals and objectives through funding solutions, emergency fundraisings, M&A assistance/advisory, accountability to goals/pipelines/targets, and Board of Director and executive committee participation with the goal of value optimization for all stakeholders.
- Mr. Richardson holds a Master of Business Administration degree from the State University of New York and is a Chartered Accountant, Chartered Professional Accountant and Chartered Business Valuator.
Office: (416) 203-7331 x230
- Tom Lunan, CPA, CA, CFA is the Chief Financial Officer of B.E.S.T. Funds.
- Since joining B.E.S.T. Funds in 2000, Mr. Lunan has been involved in portfolio management, on-going compliance procedures and obligations of the B.E.S.T. Funds group.
- Prior to joining B.E.S.T., Mr. Lunan held positions as Manager of Corporate Listings at the Toronto Stock Exchange and in the Corporate Finance Branch of the Ontario Securities Commission.
- Mr. Lunan is a past director the Toronto CFA Society and the Canadian World Fund Limited.
- Mr. Lunan holds a Bachelors of Arts with a major in economics and accounting from Wilfrid Laurier University and is a Chartered Public Accountant, Chartered Account and a CFA® Charterholder.
Office: (416) 203-7331 x227
- Mark Donatelli, CPA, CA, CFA, CBV is the Vice President of B.E.S.T. Funds.
- Mr. Donatelli is directly involved in all aspects of the firm including portfolio management, due diligence, business development, strategic planning, investment structuring, fund operationalization, and regulatory/tax compliance.
- Prior to joining B.E.S.T. Funds, Mr. Donatelli was involved in a range of business functions, including managerial roles in finance and accounting at Wave Financial Inc., Northbridge Financial Corp., a Fairfax Company, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP and OpenText Corp.
- Mr. Donatelli holds a Bachelors of Business Administration degree from Wilfrid Laurier University and is a CFA® Charterholder, Chartered Accountant, Chartered Professional Accountant and Chartered Business Valuator.